The Full Bar - all my pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Couple Plugs

Just wanted to plug a few events, one mine (kind of), and two for friends. (PR folks: I'm not going to make this a habit, so please don't bombard me with stuff!)

First, Chris LaPierre, brewer at Iron Hill West Chester and total flippin' bon vivant, is co-hosting a vegetarian beer dinner at hot new Philly beer spot Jose Pistolas with guest chef Eric Anderson of Essene and JP chef Brenton Wallace, on Tuesday, May 13th. It's a 5-course, 7-(Iron Hill) beer dinner for $65 (reservations recommended; 215-545-4101), and if you haven't been to Jose Pistolas...you oughta, man, you oughta.

Second, there are two beer festivals next weekend that I would point out to you. First is the Iron Hill-produced Brandywine Valley Craft Brewers Festival at Iron Hill Media on Saturday May 17, 1-5. Get your ticket on-line and save five bucks (better do it soon, this sells out). This is a very nice fest, nicely done for the brewers and you. If I weren't otherwise occupied, believe me, I'd be there.

The other fest is the same day, in Altoona! It's Pints for Pets, a benefit for the Central Pennsylvania Humane Society. There are over fifty brewers and wholesalers committed to appear, price is a steal at $25 ($30 at the door). Check that link for some other great places in the area: the fest doesn't start till 4, which gives you time to check them out, right? Good cause, and come on: a beer fest in Altoona! (If you stay overnight, there's a great breakfast to be had in town at R Waffle King).

Finally, I'm speaking Saturday and Sunday (May 24-25) on Memorial Day weekend at the Great Pennsylvania FlavorFest at Mt. Hope Winery outside of Manheim, PA (not far from the Lebanon exit off the PA TP). There will be beer from Victory, Stoudt's, and the greatly improved on-site Swashbuckler Brewery; this is the site of the PA Renaissance Faire. There will also be a ton of food, crafts, wine, music, cooking demos...all that good stuff. I'm talking about beer and food pairing each day at 1:30, then it's summer beers on Saturday at 4:30, and beer basics at 4:30 on Sunday. Should be a whole lot of fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me echo your enthusiasm for the Pints for Pets affair in Altoona. If I weren't commited to a catskills fishign trip, I'd BE THERE! And dammit, I have a friend who has a retreat in Mt. Gretna, five mionutes from your Memorial Day weekend event, but. it's Memorial Day Weekend (which includes my (and my wife's) birthday this year. They will both be stellar occasions, I'm sure. Have fun without me!