The Full Bar - all my pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day! What did you get your mother?

Cathy was far away today, but she's on her way home now, and when she gets here, I'll greet her with this "Gin Bouquet" I made. I should have clipped more of the Eastern Red Cedar greenery for decoration, didn't realize how flat it was. There's six different gins in there, a bottle of Martini & Rossi vermouth, Rose's Lime Juice, Fentiman's Tonic, Schweppe's Tonic, limes, and pickled onions. No glassware, we've got that coming out our ears!

My mother was a bit easier. I got her a live rosemary bush (she likes herbs) and took her out for dinner: an Italian hoagie at her favorite sub shop. Mum's pretty casual.

So...what'd you get your mother -- of yourself, or of your children -- for Mother's Day? Anyone else buy them booze?

5 comments:

Bryan Kolesar said...

Brunch at Sunnybrook Ballroom in Pottstown....not so much about the food, more about the memories of eating there as a family 30+ years ago.

TC said...

What? No Bluecoat?

Kidding--looks like a great basket.

Got my own mother a collection of flours/flour mixes. Thought it was a good pun for a mother who loves to bake.

Lew Bryson said...

I wanted to get her stuff we didn't have: we have open bottles of Bluecoat, Junipero, and Gordon's. I like the flour pun!

Chibe said...

I got my mom a bottle of Two Brothers Bare Tree (a "barleywine-style Weizen" as they call it). She's still a light lager type for the most part but she has weaknesses that I can exploit to broaden her horizons... Weizens being one of them.

Unknown said...

Late lunch at Capone's with my wife and 1 yr. old son.