This video premiered last night at the Philly Beer Scene Best of Philly awards show at World Cafe Live, and while it wasn't the highlight of the night, it was an amusing moment. Almost as good as the line about a homebrew being so funky that Sam Calagione called for the recipe, or William Reed's Carol Stoudt impersonation.
|Joe Gunn: a touch sarcastic|
|No, really, it's not Carol Stoudt!|
|Carolyn Smagalski & Mat: Red Shoes!|
- Best Brewery Rep: Weyerbacher's Mike Lubieski
- Best Distributor in the City: Bella Vista
- Best Local Lager: Victory Prima Pils
- Best Local Belgian-style Beer: Weyerbacher Merry Monks
- Best Bottle Shop in the City: Craft Beer Outlet
- Wholesaler of the Year: Origlio
- The Philly Tap Finder award for the Most Searched For Beer of the Year: Tröegs Nugget Nectar
- Best Homebrew Shop: Keystone Homebrew
- Best European Beer Bar: Monk's Cafe
- Best Local Stout/Porter: Victory Storm King
- Best Local Barrel-Aged Beer: Weyerbacher Insanity
- Best Local Pale Ale/IPA: Yards Philly Pale
- Best Brewpub: Iron Hill
- Best New Bar in the City: Barcade
- Best Bar in the Burbs: Hulmeville Inn
- Best Brewery: Victory Brewing
|The Weyerbacher Love Crew (Colin Presby w/the award for Best Barrel-aged Beer)|
|Jack announcing; I'm having a private moment w/my award.|
Got some odd looks with the trophy on the way home on the train, but talking to Eddie Friedland on the way was well worth it. A good night, indeed.
All photos courtesy of Stephen "Click-click" Lyford; thanks, fella!