The Full Bar - all my pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

Memphis Taproom anniversary coming up

This Wednesday is Tax Day (don't I know it, as I finish up my taxes today...who'd have thought making more money would be so painful?), but next Wednesday is Memphis Day, the first anniversary of the opening of the Memphis Taproom. There aren't many openings I have as permanent notes on my Palm, to remind me when they happened; actually, the only two I have are Victory and Memphis. So I'd be there on April 22nd anyway, just as I try to get out to Downingtown every February 15th.

But -- no surprise -- Brendan and Leigh are making it special. Starting at 5 PM on the 22nd, there will be some "very special beers" on draft...I'll let Leigh tell you: "Taras Boulba, Schlenkerla Fastenbier, and Cantillon Vignerrone...just to name a few. The whole list is being devised, but we promise, it will be special! Please note our kitchen and dining room will NOT be open for regular dining on this night." (They'll be passing around plates of snack-stuff, just like they did on opening day.)

And if you want to jump the gun... The Memphis/Local 44 tradition continues: when special kegs come along, you have to make room for them. So Tuesday the 21st will feature deep draft discounts after 7 PM. Might see you there, too...

1 comment:

Leigh said...

I just got an email update from Brendan on what he's been working out for the 22nd...

De Dolle Dulle Teve
Bear Republic Racer X
Schlenkerla Fastenbier
Taras Boulba
Cantillon Vignerrone
North Coast Brother Thenlonious
PBC Fleur De Lehigh
Fuller's ESB (cask)
Uerige Doppelsticke
Sly Fox Instigator
Stone Russian Imperial Stout

(Not 100% definite, but darn close!)