The Full Bar - all my pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Has it really been a week?

Sorry for silence. I've had some work I've been doing, and I've been on the road (not drinks-related, for a change), and now I'm in Chicago for WhiskyFest -- and I forgot to pack the charger for my laptop, so this is probably all you're going to get till tomorrow.

So... we've got The Session coming up on Friday, when I'll be hosting Smoke 'Em If You've Got 'Em, a blog carnival on smoked beers that should see plenty of links to other beer blogs writing on the same thing. And I bought Cathy another case of hoppy beer -- Green Flash West Coast IPA -- and I plan to get some tasting notes up on that.

In the meantime, check out Uncle Jack's annual fun and games here.

Talk to you more tomorrow.

4 comments:

bill mc said...

Aw, no April Fools joke this year?

Will the MiniWeg sell by the case only or will they have the affrontery to sell six packs?

Jay Zeis said...

Green Flash, one of my favorites.

Steve Logan said...

In the last year or so, the Green Flash WC IPA has really become my (and a few other people's in our circle of friends) "standard" IPA to always have on hand. Even a hardcore SNPA person has made the switch over to the GF. It just seems so tasty in the case - crisp, a good hoppiness that's not overly anything - aggressive, flowery, resiny, sappy, gummy etc. - just a perfect representation of what I love as an IPA. Had a nice chat with Chuck Silva out at the General Lafayette during beer week - great guy and an excellent brewer.

The American Don said...

That Green Flash is a hop beast.