The Full Bar - all my pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

Stonch closes the blog

One of the blogs that has been on my blogroll almost from the very first day I started STAG, "Stonch's Beer Blog," (later "Jeffo's Beer Blog") has closed up shop. From January 3, 2007, when he started his blog, Jeff Bell went from being a City lawyer who was grinningly fascinated by beer -- he had a webcam inside a fermenting tub of homebrew at one point -- to being the landlord of The Gunmakers, a London pub with a changing lineup of cask ales, lagers (good ones, because Jeff does love a good lager, bless him), and the occasional cask cider. Quite an evolution, and he took us along for the ride. It was one of only three blogs I followed. And now, on January 3, 2010, he made his last post.

I'm sad to see it go, but as Uncle Jack said, the man went out at the top of his game. He's got other things to do. Good on you, Jeff: cheers!

4 comments:

Matt said...

Lew, I can honestly say that your blog and Stonch's are the only blogs that I've read with and real regularity. I'm located in NJ, but there was such wit and passion in Stonch's writing that it was awfully hard not to get sucked in.

Bill said...

Stonch? Stonch who?

Towards the end you could sense the enthusiasm had gone.

jakester said...

Yeah, it's sad to see him end. I too have been a regular reader of his blog for years. Someday I hope to get there to visit his pub.

We still got you though! (and Jack!)

Steve

MyBeer Buzz said...

Stonch was always a good read and I'll be sad to see him go. Hopefully this will free up some time for him to enjoy more beers.