I woke up this morning with my brain buzzing, and coffee hasn't stopped it. Some random thoughts.
- October is my favorite month, has been for most of my life. It probably has a lot to do with living in Pennsylvania; the leaves change, fall crispness is in the air, the light changes. It's also a great month for beer festivals...like the upcoming Kennett Square Brewfest with the Conn-o-Session session beer event!
- Glad to see more fresh hop beers every year.
- Why is it that every time a western journalist interviews Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, they feel that they have to ask him about the Holocaust? Stop asking him, and he won't be able to keep talking about his ridiculous views.
- The Phils are in the playoffs, albeit wounded, after a pretty damned dominant season.
- I've got some great beers and whiskeys lined up to sample.
- Donating blood and platelets is a lot more satisfying than writing a check; even Bill Gates can only give one pint at a time.
- WhiskyFest San Francisco is only two weeks away!
- Pennsylvania Breweries 4 is moving into high gear; time to hit the road in earnest.
- In a year of personal milestones -- my 50th, my dad's 80th so far -- the most happy one is coming up: Cathy and I celebrate 20 years of marriage in December. I am a lucky man.
- The first "Lunch with Lew" at Isaac Newton's went well, and we're setting up the next: a beer and cheese tasting. Look for more info soon.
Okay. More coffee!