The Full Bar - all my pages

Friday, October 16, 2009

I Don't Make This Up, I Just Report It

You know I like to throw in some light stuff occasionally... Here's a news item, in its entirety:

Cops: 300-lb man in dress tries to steal rum, cola

Source: AP Oct 15th SIOUX FALLS, S.D. -

Police said a person believed to be a man disguised as a woman in a black dress tried to steal a bottle of rum and cola drinks from a local drug store. The store's loss prevention officer unsuccessfully tried to stop the person, who is described as about 20 years old, 6-foot-3-inches tall and weighing 300 pounds. Police said the person handed the rum back to the store employee, threw the drinks on the ground and fled after trying to bite the employee when the worker tried to restrain him.

I can't think of anything to add.

4 comments:

PivnĂ­ Filosof said...

Funniest bit there: "Loss prevention officer".

Man, the imagination some people have to give fancy names to dead end jobs is amazing.

PS: I'm a bit surprised that "officer" wasn't replaced by manager or consultant...

erictrimmer said...

Caught on camera?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4QsjrTrFrE

Anonymous said...

Security Officer probably requires a state license.

However, cola is dangerous, dangerous, I tell you. And they sell it to the little children. Think of the little *sniff* children.

Dale

Ben said...

I live an hour away from Sioux Falls and I was pretty surprised to see this posted on Seen Through a Glass. Thanks, man.