The Full Bar - all my pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The New Year...starts tomorrow

Haven't been around much, I know; it's been very busy, and I was out in the wilds of very rural Virginia over the long holiday weekend (just got back last night). I'll be posting more now that we're into January, the traditional slack season of the booze biz...but not today. I'm getting in one quick post before Verizon shows up to hook us up to their fiber optic network: phone, 'Net, and TV. Been waiting for this for over a year. Anyway, I'll be down for most of the day, and I'll talk to you tomorrow. Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooo perhaps visiting Roanoke and Blacksburg? Or were you in Franklin County ["moonshine capital of the world"]? That's how the locals referred to it. I've had that local moonshine [mixed into jello shots!] in the 90's and I can say that I probably don't need to have anymore of it ever again. :P

Lew Bryson said...

Didn't get quite that far; we were at James River State Park, near Appomattox. Closest I got to beer -- other than what I brought along -- was South Street and Gravity Lounge in Charlottesville -- both closed when I stopped -- and the new Blue Mountain Brewery -- also closed when I stopped. Couldn't win for losing.

Anonymous said...

Were you guys camping? Is that close to Massanutten or Luray Caverns? I've been to that area myself, and Hawk Mountain off Skyline Drive.

Sorry, this is off topic but if you ever want to do a beautiful, somewhat strenuous hike/some backpacking, the Appalachian trail straddles the border of West Virginia and Virginia and the on/off trails are convenient to get to, and short in places. Beautiful in the late summer/early fall. Man I am fixin to go back to that area myself!