The Full Bar - all my pages

Monday, September 7, 2009

Cinderella story... Outta nowhere... It's in da hole!

Just learned (from her own blog) that Suzanne Woods is the winner of this year's Mystery Beer Weekend at the Memphis Taproom, correctly identifying 27 out of 33 unlabeled beers tapped at the taproom over the weekend. Awesome. Even more so when you recall that she came in second last year. Our Girl Suzanne knows her shit!

What is perhaps even more awesome is that Brendan lined up 33 beers that had never been poured at the Taproom before. Pretty damned cool, and so totally non-lazy. (Or maybe not -- see below. Maybe I'm the one who's lazy.)

6 comments:

sam k said...

Awesome! Suzanne, I love you, and I hope to meet you sometime!!!

Rich said...

Wow...what a woman...that's amazing! I can't even get my wife to sniff a beer. Cheers!

Unknown said...

Hey Lew-=-

Thanks for the shout out.
and Thanks Sam and Rich.

I was really surprised considering I took Sat. off.

Lappy compared me to Ralph Macchio with the broken leg in the final fight scene of Karate Kid...

Garrett Groller said...

That's impressive, really impressive.

Uncle Jack said...

Um. I don't believe those were beers which were never poured at Memphis before. Check the list here: http://memphistaproom.com/mysterybeerweekend.htm

Lew Bryson said...

Gotta agree, Jack. I was quoting Suzanne ("The best part???? Spanky has got a list of 33 beers NEVER poured at the memphis taproom.") from her first MBW post. Maybe she just got excited.