The Full Bar - all my pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Pretty Things event that I'm missing...why can't the college year be longer?

We brought Thomas home from his freshman year at BU about a month ago, and now I get this email from Dann Paquette at Pretty Things...

THIRD ANNUAL SAINT  BOTOLPH'S FEAST DAY PUB CRAWL
If you've ever read a bottle of Saint Botolph's Town, you know that Boston is named after the 8th century saint by the name of "Botolph". Known as the patron saint of travellers, old Saint Botolph will no doubt look over us and perhaps cast his blessings as we "travel" pub to pub in celebration of his feast day.
Come join us Friday, June 17th!
This year we're moving our Botolph's crawl to Cambridge. Why not celebrate that fine city of Boston and it's patron saint from across the Charles? Okay, it may be slightly ridiculous but that's the way it's going to be!
3:30 meet at Mead Hall, Kendall Square
4:30 Cambridge Brewing Company
5:30 Lord Hobo, Hampshire Street
6:30 Atwood's Tavern, Cambridge Street
7:30 Bukowski's Tavern, Cambridge Street
8:30 Trina's Starlight Lounge

Some great bars, and delicious Pretty Things beers...and I got no excuse to be in town! The boy's just going to have to take a summer course next year. Meanwhile, I'll have to assuage my hurt feelings by dropping in at the Pretty Things event at Midatlantic Friday night.

And yes, I've been busy during Philly Beer Week, but I still am, and when I have a moment...I'll post.

No comments: