The Full Bar - all my pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

An end to theory on IPA

Pete Brown (if you don't know the name, go read "Man Walks Into A Pub" right now, and then come back and read this) is one of my favorite beer writers. He might be my favorite if he wrote more. But he's pretty much unaffected by the reams and reams of dogma and "he said it, I said it, it must be so" speculation about beer that the rest of us regularly churn out. He doesn't care. It's just a good drink to him, and God bless him.

So...he's the perfect guy to take this trip. Pete's taking a pin of IPA from the UK to India, by sea. How's that for balls? I'll be watching his blog to see how it goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome!! I am so excited for him. Damn I wish I could be in India the day that barrel is cracked open to taste it. What kind of hops are they using?? What kind of hops traditionally were used back then? Good luck, mate!