The Full Bar - all my pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

SBP: Session beers alive & well in Ontario

Despite some kvetching by a certain Toronto-based beer-writing friend of mine about Ontario microbrewers focusing on session-strength beers to the exclusion of other types, it still did my heart good to see this story on Alan McLeod's A Good Beer Blog. Alan visited Grand River Brewing in Cambridge, Ontario, and found a brewery with four beers, all under 4.7%. He particularly liked the Mill Race Mild: "At 3.5%, it had plenty of grainy and nutty texture and, frankly, it was as big in body than most micros made in Ontario of any style."

The Session Beer Project is not on hiatus or on hold or forgotten, BTW. Like everything else in my life that's not driven by a deadline (and yes, dear editors, even some of the things that are), I'll get to it when I can.

No comments: