The Full Bar - all my pages

Friday, August 3, 2007

Maine Street: the Portfolio column

It's "What I Did On My Summer Vacation" time on my Condé Nast Portfolio column. It's a piece that looks at the way Maine folks love their local beers, which gobble up an estimated 10% of the market, about three times the national average. Nothing earth-shattering, just a feel-good kinda piece.

By the way, the "friend" who suggested Rollie's to me is Todd Bross ("BuckSpin" on BeerAdvocate, which is where I met him), a PA transplant who is The Beer Guy at McKean & Charles, a wine store right on Rt. 1 in Waldoboro, with a growing whisky selection (biggest in Maine, and it was a nice selection. Todd's got a great beer selection going, too, very impressive, and good links to local Andrew's Brewing: he had beers I didn't see anywhere else in Maine. Some good cheeses and specialty eats, too: pretty cool store.

1 comment:

Steven said...

Wow -- 10%?

Is one coast taking over from the other?