The Full Bar - all my pages

Saturday, August 22, 2009

One Quick Thing: Tripel D

I tweeted this yesterday, so I feel like I should blog, too. So before I get to it in a full-scale post...

I got to try the new Tripel D at Otto's. It's kind of a slightly scaled-up Double D fermented with Chouffe yeast. Wow. It was, as I told Sam Komlenic, like an amusement park ride. What a fun beer! The hops are big, the spicy yeast notes are right up front and explosive, the hops go off in your nose, and it's sweet like good candy. One of the most dangerously drinkable 9+% beers I've ever had. Fantastic stuff, and should be on shortly; Charlie pushed things a bit to get us a sample.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I picked up a bomber of the Double D last time I was in State College and really liked it, this sounds like something to try.

sam k said...

Bryson, you're on the money here. The Tripel D is an inspiring quaff. Can't wait till I can bring a growler home!

THOMAS CIZAUSKAS said...

What's the Bryson Twitter handle?

Lew Bryson said...

I don't know, Tom... I guess LewBryson.

THOMAS CIZAUSKAS said...

That it is (@LewBryson)!

@Cizauskas

nate said...

It looks delicious...I went to Otto's website but there wasn't any more info on this beer. I'm not from the area though.

I just started culturing yeast from a Chouffe, Dobbelen IPA Trippel. We'll see how it goes.