The Full Bar - all my pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

Update: my dad

I'm not going to do a lot of these, but... My dad went into the ER at Hershey Medical Center -- where he's been getting his cancer chemotherapy -- on Saturday morning, with a sharp pain in his gut. We were terrified, and he was very depressed, thinking this might finally be the beginning of the probably swift end.

Well...turned out he just had 80-year-old man digestive troubles. They treated him, and I got a call from my mother about 15 minutes ago: he's home, and cutting up potatoes for soup.

Thanks for all your support this month, by the way. It really does help.

8 comments:

sam k said...

Tough as nails, the last generation. We're all pussies by comparison.

Really glad to hear that he's holding his own...hope he can do that for a long time!

Maureen Ogle said...

Lovely news! I'm delighted.

Now, come Thursday, we're counting on you to keep him save from "stuffing."

bett said...

Good luck, Lew, I'm glad to hear things are better. I wish him more happy time with his family and lots more soup!

Jay Zeis said...

Good to hear things are looking up. Best of Luck!

RonfromJersey said...

They gave my aunt six months, and she lived five GOOD years instead.

Keep the faith.

RICH said...

Soup is good. And I'm glad that your dad is good. Remember, like Sam said, they're WAY tougher than we are.

Rich said...

Glad to hear he is doing better. Your family is in my prayers.

Loren said...

Good to hear Lew. Hope he plows his way through the chemo and cancer. My Dad's still plugging along as well...

One day at at time...