The Full Bar - all my pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The World Series is Not Over

We're still watching, still fightin'. Bill Lyon had a great piece in the Inky this morning: "Start spreadin' the news: The Fightin's live." The Phillies have done an amazing thing: they made my wife, a life-long Yankees fan, into a Phillies fan. She's biting her nails on this.

Now all they need is one more not-so-amazing thing. They have to win three straight, two of them on the road after one at home. Why's that not-so-amazing? Might I remind you: that's exactly what the Yankees just did.

High hopes, brothers and sisters. High hopes. The Fightin's live.


Oh. Beer? I plan to have a BrewDog Punk IPA during the 7th inning stretch tomorrow. I'll let you know how that goes.

That's Pedro Martinez, ready and waiting for Game 6. Daddy's home, New York. photo by Ron Cortes, of the Inquirer.

4 comments:

J T. Ramsay said...

I wasn't moved by the Punk IPA when I tried it at Memphis Taproom, but I'm willing to be swayed.

This series went from being another ho-hum 5 game affair to what promises to be one of the best Fall Classics in recent memory.

It's times like this that I'm glad to be a season ticket holder. It's easy to support this kind of Phillies team, and I hope it carries over into the '10 campaign!

Rich said...

Go Fightin's!

And as the late HK would say..."that ball's outta here! Chase Utley you ARE the man!"

thbeer said...

It goes 7 games, down to the last out in the bottom of the ninth. What makes it better? The extra DIPA or Stout that I will be enjoying with the game. Series Winner? I'm not going to bet!

Harry Spade said...

For what it's worth, the Pirates did the same thing 30 years ago- won games 6 and 7 in Baltimore to win the series.

But right now the Phillies just need to win tonight. One game at a time...

And in keeping with the beer theme here, I'm having tacos and some Yards Philadelphia Pale Ale.