The Full Bar - all my pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Finally: Whiskey

Just a heads-up: I'm finally bringing some whiskey commentary here, as promised. Next week I'm going to have a chat with Bushmills master distiller Colum Egan when he visits Philly as part of the run-up to St. Pat's. Bushmills was recently bought by Diageo, and the drinks giant appears to be putting some serious money and muscle behind the whiskey -- er, whiskeys. I'm going to ask him about that, and the real differences between Irish and Scotch whisk(e)y, and what he's got coming down the pipeline.

If there's anything you'd like to know about Bushmills or Irish whiskey, leave a comment, and I'll ask him if I get a chance.

1 comment:

Steven said...

I have my Irish Whiskey Tasting Certificate from Irish Whiskey Square, so I think I'm good on any questions Lew. ;-)

But tell Mr. Egan I'm a big fan of the 16 yr Old Bushmills and the Black Bush!