The Full Bar - all my pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

When it Rains, it Pours

Nice boosts for STAG today. First there was this,

http://thepour.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/03/13/when-beer-goes-over-the-top/

A nice write-up of the Session Beer Project and STAG in Eric Asimov's "The Pour" blog at the New York Times. He likes session beer too.

Then there was this:

http://willdo.philadelphiaweekly.com/archives/2007/03/mark_yr_calenda_1.html

An enthusiastic endorsement of Philadelphia Beer Week from Philadelphia Weekly's "Philadelphia Will Do" blog, even though they apparently didn't read the whole thing and missed the fact that PBW wasn't all my idea at all. I stand on the shoulders of...a bunch of shaky drunks, I guess.

And..."the Norman Mailer of beer writing, Lew Bryson"? I'm really not sure how to take that. I've been called the Studs Terkel of beer writing before. Why doesn't anyone ever call me the Robert Penn Warren of beer writing? Or call someone else the Lew Bryson of wine writing?

Er...for other than the obvious reasons...

3 comments:

Dan Bengel said...

Jolly good, Mr. Bryson! Should I save a ticket for Eric?

Lew Bryson said...

I think he's still looking for his car keys...

Anonymous said...

alright, this is too obvious, but I've gotta say it... the Suds Terkel of beer (and whiskey) writing.

Kinda fits, not teetotaling and all...