The Full Bar - all my pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Union Barrel Works: quick update -- UPDATED

Just talked to Tom Rupp for about a minute: He's got ATTTB approval for Union Barrel Works. "I'm cleaning [cleaning tanks, I assume]. I got BATF approval to move some beer, so I'm making more," he said. Ah, good. Because I'd hate for him to run out...

3/8 -- Just talked to Tom again. He's got all his state and federal approvals. He's got to do some work on his sprinkler system ("It's a meter, because if we have a fire, they want to get paid for their water," Rupp groused, "but they've already metered it when it goes in the tank!"), then get his township code inspections, and he'll be ready to go. The cold-conditioned beers -- Mindblock Maibock, Wobbly Bob Doublebock, Kölsch, and Lager -- are all ready, he's brewing Pale Ale and Honey Nut Oatmeal Stout this weekend. "If I get good news tomorrow, I'll be ready to..." Tom said, and then paused. "Well, I can't legally open for business till I get the pass on the inspections. But I'll be here on St. Patrick's Day, and we'll have a little celebration." Sounds like we're going to get another brewpub in Lancaster County pretty soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hot, diggity dog! Lew, any indication of an opening date?

Lew Bryson said...

Should be talking to him longer tomorrow, at which point I'll ask the pertinent stuff, no fear.

Anonymous said...

I meet with him and his son David on Friday to discuss the BA Gathering on 3/31/07. UBW will be our first stop on our pubcrawl that day. Looking forward to eventually enjoying some of his great lager brews and his son's hand carved sandwiches.