The Full Bar - all my pages

Sunday, February 1, 2009

No Super Bowl for you!

I'm leaving for north NJ in a few minutes to meet up with Ron "Overturning Beer Dogma Daily" Pattinson. He's flying into the States for work this afternoon, and tonight was the only night we could get together, so I'm skipping the Super Bowl and, well, here's how Ron put it.

"I've a flight of eight and a half hours and then I'm getting pissed with Lew Bryson. Doesn't leave much time for blogging."

Short, precise. And maybe we'll find a place with Wi-Fi and do a joint blog. Look for something on bourbon. As for missing the Super Bowl...you guys ever drive during SB? I'm gonna have the roads to myself, which in NJ, is kind of a mystic experience.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang, I'm jealous. You're going to have a great time.

I just wish I'd seen this in time to tell you to tell Ron that it's too bad he couldn't bring Mike.

Bill said...

Not a bourbon comment, but a whisky one -- after over a year with no Scotch purchases, I picked up the Bruichladdich 15 Year (2nd series) -- quite nice. Delicate, esp. for an Islay, but satisfying. I hate to think of single malts in terms of cocktails, but wonder if this could kick the behinds of most blends in cocktails.

Enjoy the meeting with Ron P. I'll likely be missing the game because of a son who refuses to concede control of the TV so long as Spongebob exists on DVD!