The Full Bar - all my pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

I used yeast yesterday

We were all home with the wimpy-assed snow that the President made fun of yesterday, so I made a pot of hot seafood chowder. Then I got carried away and made a loaf of whole wheat "Italian" bread in the breadmaker I got Cathy about ten years ago. ("Italian" because I put olive oil, basil, oregano, and garlic powder in it.)

As you can see, it came out a bit mutant-looking, but the smell was saliva-inducing, and the hot, savory-spiced bread was just the thing on a cold windy day. Fresh bread good! I may have to do this again...and maybe try it without the bread machine. Eventually. Because as my family will tell you, I'm a pretty good cook, but baking is a disaster for me. I like the bread machine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Obvivous question- Any beers ever used in the bread machine? Could be some great tasting breads. Beer=Liquid Bread