The Full Bar - all my pages

Monday, January 26, 2009

At Home-Two-Dogs

I've got a new work adventure starting today...Cathy started her new job (in Pennsylvania, first time she's ever worked in PA, and it's a much shorter commute), and I've got the dogs full-time. Hoo, boy.

We started the day with a FRAP, of which I managed to get the picture at the left (it doesn't really do things justice, until you take a closer look and realize that Pen's moving so fast that he's leaning left into the turn). They tore around the dining room table, probably about 12 times before they took off into the living room and up the stairs, which led to me having to retrieve Maud; she's all confident on going up stairs, but she doesn't do down yet. Then they went outside, and I checked e-mail and blog comments. Then as I was finally about to get down to writing, they wanted back in.

Which is when we had this cute little Rodney King moment you see in the second picture, two dogs chewing pretty peacefully on the same bone. "Please, we can get along here. We all can get along. I mean, we’re all stuck here for a while. Let’s try to work it out." It's just a bone, you know?

And now, ten minutes later, they've both collapsed into naps. Whew. Time to get to work!

No comments: