The Full Bar - all my pages

Friday, November 7, 2008

Iron Hill Black & Tan cask lineup for Nov. 15

Here's the run-down on what's going to be at that Iron Hill cask Black & Tan event I told you about last week. It all goes down at noon at Iron Hill Newark. Mix it up!

IRON HILL CASKS
Iron Hill West Chester – Baltic Porter (7% ABV)
Iron Hill Wilmington – Bourbon Double Brown Ale (8.5%)
Iron Hill Lancaster – Belgian Pale Ale (5.0%)
Iron Hill North Wales – ESB (4.5%)
Iron Hill Phoenixville – Sticke Altbier (7.2%)

Guest Casks
Flying Fish – Extra Pale Ale (4.8% ABV)
Sly Fox – Oatmeal Stout (5.2%)
Stewart’s – Coffee Stout (5.9%)
General Lafayette Inn – Red Velvet, a blend of Chocolate Thunder Porter (6.7%) and Sunset Red Ale (5.9%)
Victory – Storm King Stout (9.1%)
Nodding Head – BPA Bill Payer Ale (6.5%)
Earth Bread + Brewery – The Bradley Effect (dark gruit ale; 4.2% ABV)
Yards – IPA (7.0%)
Triumph Philadelphia – Bengal Gold IPA (6.5%)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thought gruit was a misspelling of fruit. Boy was I wrong and can't wait to taste it. Looking at the lineup I see some delicious combinations and some bordering on sacrilege. See you next Saturday, I'll be the guy with the glass in my hand and smile on my face!

Lew Bryson said...

Me too. I assume the reason for the name, "The Bradley Effect", is similar to what Tom Pastorius says about dark beer: it's like church -- everyone talks about dark beer, says how wonderful it is, but very few people actually drink it.

Kevin said...

I like dark beer. I have some friends who like dark beer too. In all seriousness these beers look very nice and hope that I decide to just drive my ass down there.

Anonymous said...

Newark has made an industry of ticketing and towing cars illegally parked. There is some parking behind Iron Hill or reasonable city lots. Just a warning for those attending.

Anonymous said...

For those of us who are not in the Philly area, the same sort of cask-centric affair will be held Friday and Saturday of Thanksgiving week at Zeno's in State College. The lineup as reported at mybeerbuzz.com:

East End Bourbon Barrel Black Strap
Weyerbacher Double Simcoe
Yard's ESA (first batch)
Sly Fox - tba
Otto's Best Bitter
Voodoo Wynonna's Brown
Jolly Pumpkin Noel
Troeg's Hopback Amber
Jolly Pumpkin Maraciabo
Otto's Mount Nittany Pale Ale
Otto's Red Mo
Otto's - tba - can ya guess?
Zeno's Rye
Lancaster - tba
Weyerbacher Winter
Bell's Two Hearted
Bell's - tba - a stout
Victory StormKing
Victory 132
Troeg's Scratch #15 Double Espresso Oatmeal Stout

I'm not jealous of you guys at all!

Rich said...

I wish they would do one of these events at the Lancaster location...can't say I've ever tried cask beer and would really love to.