The Full Bar - all my pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Finally someone does a beer breakfast in the area

Sly Fox has been celebrating their anniversary with crazy releases of multiple single-hop IPAs and pale ales for years now -- I blame O'Reilly -- and it always falls either on my anniversary or the day of my church Christmas concert, and I have to go at lunchtime, before it gets all fun and crazy, and then leave by 3, before it gets all fun and crazy...

Well, this year, it's happened again, their 15th anniversary -- congratulations! -- falls on Friday the 10th, and our concert is that night (St. Andrew's Church, Newtown, come on out, be glad to see you), but I'll be getting to Sly Fox Phoenixville even earlier this year...for the Brewmaster's Breakfast! I'm sorry to say it's sold out already (yeah, really: a beer breakfast, on a weekday, sold out), but take a look at this menu created by guest chef Andrew Deery of Majolica...and seriously think about taking the whole day off next year...

  • Fresh Donuts - Paired with Kimberton Coffee Porter
  • Potato and Leek Veloute, Smoked Salmon Croque Monsieur - Paired with Saison Vos
  • Truffled White Sausage, Mashed Celery Root - Paired with Royal Weisse
  • Maine Peekytoe Crab Benedict, Wilted Spinach. Sauce Choron - Paired with Odyssey Imperial IPA
  • Spiced Pumpkin Biscuit, Cinnamon Ice Cream - Paired with 2010 Christmas Ale
Featuring the debut of Succubus and Majolica Blend Coffee Porter!

I'm looking forward to leaving at lunchtime...when it's going to be all fun and crazy. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I feel for you. Over here in ice-bound England, the Derby Winter Beer festival has been announced on the one weekend I'm absolutely guaranteed to be out of the country - exactly as it happened last time around! I look forward to similar reports of 'ground-breaking' ales!

Glad to have discovered your great site, will be following from here on.