The Full Bar - all my pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I'm on the TeeVee again...

Pennsylvania Breweries 4th edition is the topic on PCN's "PA Books" this Sunday night at 9 PM! I did an hour interview with host Brian Lockman yesterday, our third over the years, and he beat me up a little this time: why so friendly to all the breweries, do you ever pan beers, all that stuff folks ask me to needle me. No sweat, it's good to clear the air on that (you wanna know the answers, watch the show). He also pinned me with his now-traditional final question: pick a desert island sixpack of Pennsylvania beers...oof! I should have known that one was coming and been ready! Check it out, we had a great time.

9 comments:

Bill said...

I'm a little confused after going to the site -- will the video be available on the site after the show airs? If not, will you answer the questions here?

Lew Bryson said...

I'm not sure, to tell the truth. Let me check with them.

Anonymous said...

I object to all this sex on the TeeVee. I mean, I keep falling off!

Unknown said...

I Caught your interview this morning and Couldn't agree more with your Bullfrog compliments. I truly loved the beer and the food at that place.
What about Rail Bender from the Erie Brewing Company. I admit i'm biased having lived her my whole life, but i was wondering on your thoughts.

Mike said...

Lew...caught your show last night. It was nice to hear a shout out to Southwestern PA. The Pittsburgh area has lost some ground the last couple of years with the closing of Penn, Red Star, Marzoni's & a few others.

I also believe it is rebounding slowly with the re-opening of Penn & Full Pint. There are a couple of others in the works as well. Good interview.

Unknown said...

speaking of other new craft breweries in the works in Western PA, there was a article in the Beaver County Times today about one:
http://www.timesonline.com/bct_news/news_details/article/1373/2010/december/12/craft-brewery-in-the-works-for-rochester.html

enjoyed all the beer info during your interview,it made up for not being able to see you live when you were in town.

Lew Bryson said...

Saw that, benzo; that's right across the river from where Bocktown's long-awaited 2nd spot will be opening. Sounds like a new beer destination. Also, just heard about a new brewery about to open in Ephrata, PA; it's popping. Gotta get that update page...updated! I'll be visiting new and about-to-open breweries on this weekend's book tour, and will post about that.

bierman2000 said...

you were great on that PCN show and he took it easy on you I think

Lew Bryson said...

Well....it's not like it's 60 Minutes.