The Full Bar - all my pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

East End shows Gratitude, flips you a Wooden Nickel

East End Brewing just announced...okay, Scott Smith just sent me an e-mail, same thing, that this Saturday, March 6, will be the release of both Gratitude 2009, his annual barleywine, with the colored wax and paper wrapping, and Wooden Nickel, the brewery's 5th anniversary beer, a saison. Gratitude will be available for sale, along with previous years (check out the details on Scott's "stacked vertical" packages here), cash only. Wooden Nickel will definitely be available for tasting, but may or may not be available for sale: labels are running late. and will be available for sale; thanks to Scott for this last-minute update. Doors open at noon.

5 comments:

EastEndBrewing said...

Hey Lew - thanks for the mention here! Little update: Just got our labels approved for Wooden Nickel, so we'll have those available on Saturday as well.
Cheers,
Scott

Tony said...

Hey Lew II- By special arrangement of East End brewing his exclusive wholesaler (Vecenie Distributing) will be handling the 5th anniversary Wooden Nickel. This means the better watering holes/ bottle shops and retail stores will have access for the first time to a bottled product from EEBC.

Ryan_PA said...

Great news! I hope Capones in Norristown acquires some of the wooden nickle. I know Matt seems to usually have a few bottles of East End goodness in the shop. and just in time, I have been on a bit of a saison kick recently.

EastEndBrewing said...

Hey Ryan,
At the risk of beer fans from Eastern PA canceling their travel plans for this Saturday, I'm pleased to say that Matt Capone has already put in a nice order for both of these beers. They should be heading East at some point in the weekend, so keep an eye out for them.

I hope you enjoy the beer!
Cheers,
Scott

Ryan_PA said...

Good Stuff!

Thanks Scott. I really liked your beers I could get locally, but I loved the beers I had at the brewery last summer. The guy you have at growler hours was very nice and helpful.

Ryan