The Full Bar - all my pages

Monday, June 1, 2009

Mondial

I leave for Montreal tomorrow morning, judging and presenting a seminar (on what else?) at the Mondial de la Biere. Looking forward to a pub crawl tomorrow and Thursday (the latter of which includes Steve Beaumont's threat to make sure I'm not at my best for my 9:15 AM presentation on Friday), the judging (always like that), wonderful weather, new beers, great food, and -- speaking of that -- stopping in Plattsburgh for michigans on the way up and back. I'll do what I can about blogging. When I'm not drinking, walking, or sleeping. Au revoir!

6 comments:

Fwiffo said...

Hey Lew,

I'm planning a trip to Montreal around Labor Day. What are some of your must-stop places for local brews?

Have fun!

Lew Bryson said...

Easy call: Dieu du Ciel and Cheval Blanc.

Jonny Rashid said...

I just spent some time in Toronto, myself, which also seems to have a decent beer scene. But, Montreal seems to have a kicking one. Looking forward to reading about it.

Steven said...

Got your new, special ID to cross back into the 'States?

Your papers Mr. Bryson.

Rich said...

It must be tough to go drinking and pass it off as "work". I wish I could tell my wife..."Hey, I gotta go to work, I'll be at Moe's"

*jealous*

helena said...

I was forever fascinated by the beer list @ Dieu du Ciel so got very excited when it finally started to appear bottled here in NJ - but both Rosée dHibiscus and Route Des Épices were somewhat disappointing - beers sounded better than they tasted...
Lew, have you tried them on tap?