The Full Bar - all my pages

Friday, September 12, 2008

Shiver Your Own Damned Timbers

This International Talk Like A Pirate Day thing is getting right out of hand. First it was Scoats at the Grey Lodge strapping on the eye-patch and "ARRGH"-ing around, and that was weird enough. But now -- and I suppose we should have expected this -- Clipper City has jumped on the, er, gangplank and is hosting a party, with tickets, and costumes, and live music from the "Salty Dogs Band."

September 19. International Talk Like A Pirate Day. What Hath God Wrought?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shiver me timbers!!!

Rustmeister said...

And here I thought it was "International Punch Anyone Who Talks Like a Pirate Day".

Silly me.

Deuane said...

AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!

C and I will be in Asheville, NC for BrewGrass that Friday. Enjoying the best of what the beer capital of the south has to offer.

People will think we are street performers, NUTZ....or both!

Anonymous said...

Ray & I were planning on throwing a party here at Backstage Brewing until we found out we had to head to Asheville the following morning for the Brewgrass Festival. I had even started collecting pirate stuff to decorate with and music (Pyrates Royale and Valparaiso Men's Chorus). Oh well, maybe next year, mateys.

Unknown said...

Hmm. I will be at the dentist that day.

"Arrrr"
"Excuse me, did I just hurt you?"
"No, Matey."
"Then I wish you would stop doing that."

On the other hand, a Piraat ale sounds good. :)

Alexander D. Mitchell IV said...

So, how's that Willie Stargell doing, huh?

The first year that Clipper City had a TLAP party at Max's Taphouse, one of the competing beer salesmen showed up in a vintage Pittsburgh baseball uniform, with a bat over his shoulder.............

MyBeer Buzz said...

Just had to read the comments to see how many included "aaargh..."

You didn't dissapoint.