The Full Bar - all my pages

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Calvados tasting at Chick's Cafe

I don't plug many individual events at bars and restaurants; that's on purpose, because I want my plugs to have some kind of impact when I do make them. This one came in my e-mail today, and it's happening tomorrow, and I'm thinking hard about how to get to it.

I love apples, and apple booze, and have had discussions about apple booze (and the sad state of American ignorance with regards to it) with the bartender at Chick's, Katie Loeb, and this looks... I mean, how often do you get to meet a calvados distiller?


Meet Jerome Dupont, a 4th generation Calvados distiller from Normandy, France.
March 27th (tomorrow) 5-7 PM

Chick's Cafe and Wine Bar (614 S. 7th St.) will be hosting a Calvados (Apple Brandy) happy hour this Friday March 27th from 5-7PM. Come meet Jerome Dupont, 4th generation Calvados producer from Domaine Familial Louis Dupont. Sidecars $9 Flights of aged Calvados $12.


Wow. I gotta figure how to get to this.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Calvados? Nice! is this the Bizarro Philly Beer Week? What's next, Cognac or Tokay?

Lew Bryson said...

Good God. Philly Cognac Week. Get me a cigar, and batten down the hatches.

ClockworkOrange said...

Nice! I actually did not even think Calvados was available here in PA.

Jason said...

MMM, I had my first taste of Calvados when I was in Paris last year. WOW....what a great drink. I brought two bottles home with me. I never even knew it exsisted before I went to Paris, now I see it in the liqour stores all the time!!

MatthewShaw said...

I still have a bottle of 50-year old Calvados that I bought in Calvados when I was... God, how long ago was it? I must have been 16. I had forgotten all about it until I read this post. I paid about $100 for it from the distillery. See, I was even a booze snob before I knew what the hell I was doing. Delicious, delicious stuff.