The Full Bar - all my pages

Friday, October 24, 2008

Uncle Jack Report

Good news from Phoenixville: I just talked to Jack Curtin, and he's feeling good. He had emergency surgery for a ruptured appendix on Saturday. "Ruptured appendix," I said, "that's pretty serious shit." Pause on the line, then Jack responds, with some asperity, "That's exactly what it is." Whoops. Tender subject, I guess.

Anyway, things are much better. He was told he can go home tomorrow, which is great news. Don't expect much blogging out of him, he's got work to catch up on, but it's enough to know our own beer curmudgeon will be back home. Cheers, Jack, here's to a speedy recovery!

2 comments:

Rustmeister said...

Had that happen to me last July. No fun at all.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear Jack is getting out of the hospital. My wife and I went to Union Jack's last Saturday (had a great time, by the way) and were hoping to thank him in person for the recommendation. Get well soon, Jack!